Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hakuna Matata

Trying to stay positive on this Tuesday afternoon; keeping the negativity away from me. So everyone knows that I've been on a weight loss journey ever since I got engaged. My goal is to get down to a size 6 or 8 (my size my senior year of high school) by my wedding day.  However, I’m not going to be upset if I’m not that size. My ultimate goal is just to tone up all over and look great in my dress. That’s it. However, I’m finding that there are certain people who I just need to cut off from my world.

This morning my company bought donuts into the office. Not just one box of donuts but four boxes. Seriously Health Stream? I mean it is so tortuous. But I have my self-control. I did not eat a donuts, I had my special K protein shake and an apple this morning and that was it. But this is what has me all fired up. A coworker of mine came up to me and asked why I wasn't eating a donuts. I explained to him that I was on a diet because for my wedding. This person then decides to go off on me because my wedding is two years away from now and that one donuts is not going to kill me. If that’s not rude, they then start to bash the fact that my wedding is two years away and that they believe that my relationship with my fiancĂ© is not going to last because “most people who are engaged for more than a year never follow through.”

As I sit there and listen to what he has to say, I’m thinking in my head “um why are you commenting on my relationship when you do not have a girlfriend or a fiancĂ©, your 30 years old and still live at home with your mom and you don’t even pay her rent. She paid for your brand new Honda accord and makes the monthly payment for you because you can’t make them yourself. Maybe if you would stop spending all your money on damn Xbox 1 and all the video games, maybe I would have a little more respect for you as a person. However, I don’t. And I don’t give damn what you think either.  So do me a favor and never speak to me again, because you are a piece of shit.

To all my future brides out there do not let anyone tell you that your plans or ideas about your wedding, health or even your life affect you. There are always going to be haters out in the world and you just got to let the haters hate. In my situation, I understand why his person hates on me. 
1. I’m awesome 
2. I’m getting married 
3. I live with my mother for now; however, I’m in the process of getting a house of my own by the end of year. 
4. My pay all of my bills on time and do not let my mother pay for anything for me. I could honestly see the conversation with my mom in my head now. “Hey can you pay for my car payment this month? My mom would look at me and laugh in my face “yeah ok.” My mom taught me that if I wanted something I needed to work for it and I needed to be able to live within my means; and not live pay check to pay check. Learn to balance your money out! 
5. I live with mom and sisters but my family is better than yours. 
6. I have to best support system (family and friends) in the world.
7. I do not give a damn what you think.


It just amazes me how petty and low life some people can be. I honestly, hope that some people have the common sense to keep all of their opinions to themselves. Some people just do not want to hear what you have to say, so shut up. I'm only surrounding myself around people who have positive energy and who believe in me. People who encourage me to keep going for goals every day. People who join me by helping me choose better foods and different workouts to do so that I keep continue to reach my goal. All I'm going to say is "Hakuna Matata- it means no worries for the rest of our days." 


No comments:

Post a Comment